Old Town

Old Town
Pioneer Square

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Block 5: Action Hero Time: Checkist #1




In little over a month I'll make my first trip to Seattle. Within ten weeks I'll have moved there. Though I've hardly been inactive, it's high time to cover all the fronts and hit with persistence and focus.



July will consist of two checklists with Seattle interludes between to help me stoke the inner fire. To start, here are the things that I need to accomplish by July 15. I'll add an X as I finish each task.

Packing
(  ) Dry clean remaining shirts.
(  ) Buy two space vacuum bags for the trunk.
( x ) Perfect test-packing of trunk and four boxes--but do not seal till departure.
( x ) Pack relevant personal and job-related papers in suitcase for August trip: fingertip access is the goal.
( x ) Decide which clothes to take for August trip.

Pre-August trip
( x ) Week of  July 6: scout out best air fares and be prepared to book when month's extra funds arrive.
( x ) Contact Moore Hotel re 3-night stay.
( x ) Place ad seeking room or roommate on Craig's List and try to set up interviews when I arrive.
( x ) Send third note to Elliott Bay Books.
(  ) Send note to other bookstore.
( x ) Contact Q. re personal and rental references in Portland.

Physical
( x ) Intensify workouts--daily at gym during off weeks, home workouts three times a week during work week.
( x ) Make appointment with top hair stylist: see about a style that might conceal one small issue.
( x ) Begin juice fast during week of July 6...preparation for going vegan .


Apartment
( x ) Get rid of all furniture not essential.
( x ) Begin thorough cleaning: one room at a time. Complete bathroom and kitchen by 15th.
( x ) Notify landlord in writing of my wish to stay one additional month after my lease expires 8/31.
( x ) Give landlord a written list of problems not caused by me: e.g., broken sink disposal.

Job-related
( x ) Compose list of references: at least three former managers now at other stores.
( x ) Daily, focus on delivering a relaxed and cheerful performance at work--erasing all memories of former storm-and-stress.
( x ) Assemble a small file of praise received at past jobs, certificates received, etc.

Writing
( x ) Launch Charlotte Kills by July 7.
( x ) Look into reformatting first ebook by end of August.
( x ) Step up the pace on my winter release, RC--with a goal to having it retyped before the move.


That's  a long  list of two-week to-do's. But, then again:





No comments:

Post a Comment